After an easy and healthy post-workout treat that doesn’t hold back on flavour? We’ve got you!
Recipe by Maria Devine (@mimismacros)
There’s nothing more rewarding than a delicious snack after a gruelling workout. But if you’re getting bored of the same old protein shake, it’s probably a sign you need to switch things up. If you’re a fan of our vegan Salted Caramel Soy Protein Isolate, you need to try this recipe!
This vegan Appie Pie & Salted Caramel Loaf is ridiculously easy to make, and is loaded with nutritious ingredients including Organic Maca Powder, an excellent source of vitamin C which helps to support healthy bones1 and reduce feelings of tiredness and fatigue2. It also delivers an impressive 6g of protein per slice with a helping of our Salted Caramel Soy Protein Isolate – the most delicious way to support muscle growth and maintenance3.
Oh, and did we mention this recipe is low in calories and naturally sweetened with our Sugar-Free Butterscotch Syrup too?
Apple Pie & Salted Caramel Loaf Recipe
Macros per slice: 135kcal • 1g fat • 25g carbs • 6g protein
- 350g unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 flax egg (mix 1tbsp Flax Seed Powder with 3tbsp water)
- 85ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar/ lemon juice
- 180g flour
- 40g Soy Protein Isolate Powder (Salted Caramel)
- 40g oat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 120ml Sugar-Free Butterscotch Syrup
- 20g granulated sweetener
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1 apple chopped
- Pinch salt
- 1tsp Organic Maca Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tin.
- Combine the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the flax egg and the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold through the chopped apple.
- Pour into the tin and sprinkle with rolled oats.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Enjoy!