Got a craving for something indulgent and delicious, but don’t want to derail all that effort you’ve put into training? Don’t worry, we’ve got you.
These incredible chocolate pronuts look and taste just like the real deal – but they’re 100% vegan and baked instead of deep-fried, cutting out a whole load of unnecessary fat. Plus, they’re flavoured naturally with our Choc Vegan Protein Blend and a little Organic Cacao Powder instead of being packed with refined sugar.
To top it off, they’re dipped in irresistibly rich chocolate frosting, but feel free to leave this step out if you prefer. Either way, they’ll taste amazing!
Healthy Chocolate Pronuts Recipe
- 170g self raising flour
- 45g Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- 80g sweetener
- 250ml plant-based milk
- 90ml sunflower oil
- 1 cup vegan chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 12-count donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add your wet ingredients, and mix until a thick batter forms. If it’s too thick, add extra milk.
- Transfer your batter into a zip lock bag. Cut one corner of it and distribute the batter evenly amongst the donut holes. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, frost them.