A low-fat, high-protein cake you can make in minutes.
Sometimes all you want is cake…minus the effort and time it takes to properly bake one. So we give you our High-Protein Blueberry Vegan Mug Cake recipe.
This recipe is amazingly simple, with only a few key ingredients. Plus, you don’t need to worry about lots of washing up afterwards!
The mug cake is made using our Brown Rice Protein – a high quality protein powder sourced from wholegrain rice and contains over 24g protein per 30g serving! This is great for giving your muscles a boost of protein to help them grow and repair.1
To sweeten, we’ve used coconut sugar and blueberries which give the mug cake a delicious fruity filling.
If you’re craving a quick and easy dessert then this low-fat, high-protein mug cake is the one for you.
High-Protein Blueberry Vegan Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 scoop Brown Rice Protein
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Handful of blueberries
- Lemon zest
- Maple syrup
- Add the plant milk, protein powder, coconut sugar, and baking powder to a microwavable mug. Stir well with a fork until you have a smooth cake mixture.
- Next, sprinkle in a handful of blueberries and place the mug into the microwave.
- Microwave for approximately 90 seconds at 800 watts. Timing may vary according to your microwave, so we recommend keeping an eye on the mug cake as it is baking. Watch for the mix to rise but avoid it bubbling over the edges.
- Once risen, stop the microwave and take your mug cake out (watch out for a hot mug!). Let it cool for at least 3-4 minutes before eating.
- Top with some grated lemon zest and a drizzle of maple syrup.