These quick and easy pancakes are boosted with natural plant protein and topped with a deliciously sweet blueberry sauce.
High-Protein Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 scoops Vegan Pancake Mix
- 150-200 ml water
- Some coconut oil
- 250 g blueberries (for the blueberry coulis)
- 100 ml water (for the blueberry coulis)
- 50 g caster sugar (for the blueberry coulis)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (for the blueberry coulis)
- Some Organic Maple Syrup (for the blueberry coulis)
Prepare the blueberry coulis for topping your pancakes by mashing the blueberries in a saucepan.
Combine the blueberries with the sugar and some maple syrup.
Add the water and lemon juice. Bring to the boil over a high heat, and stir occasionally.
Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the coulis has thickened.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
To make the pancakes, mix together the Vegan Pancake Mix and water until the pancake mixture is smooth.
Heat a pan with a little coconut oil and, when the pan is hot, pour in small, thin circles of the pancake mixture.
Allow the top of the pancakes to darken and bubble slightly before flipping.
Create a stack of pancakes and top with the blueberry coulis, maple syrup and spare blueberries.