The mighty Jammie Dodger. A staple tea time biscuit that we cannot resist. Our homemade version makes a delicious yet healthier alternative to the classic – and you’re sure to come back to it time and time again.
With this easy recipe, you can enjoy a batch of freshly baked Jammie Dodgers in no time at all. They’re the perfect partner for a cuppa on your mid-morning break, or for satisfying your sweet-tooth cravings after dinner. With a few simple switches, like using Sugar-Free Maple Syrup to naturally sweeten and Organic Chia Seeds to thicken the jam, you can easily keep sugar content down while satisfying your sweet-tooth.
The perfect treat to enjoy if you’re looking to stay on track, why not whip up a batch this weekend? Check out the full recipe below…
Homemade Jammie Dodgers Recipe
For the cookies:
- 500g ground almonds (Ingredient quantities are fine for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
- 12 tablespoons of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
For the raspberry jam:
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F), fan setting.
- Place all of the biscuit ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Roll the dough into a ball and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and sprinkle some flour over your work surface.
- Roll the dough out to about 1cm thickness and begin to cut biscuit shapes out – Half with a little hole in the middle and half without.
- Once you’ve used all of the dough, place the biscuits onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Make the jam by placing all of the ingredients into a pan, over a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and pout onto a lined baking tray – set aside in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to set. – (leave in the pan and set a side to cool)
- Once everything has cooled, place a spoonful of the strawberry and chia jam onto the biscuit (without a hole in it) and place the second biscuit (with the hole) on top and lightly press together. Once all biscuits are assembled serve and enjoy!