Once you’ve made a batch of these vegan No-Bake Oat Bars, there’s no going back!
Not into baking but want a delicious snack that’ll keep you going until dinner time? These No-Bake Oat Bars are great to have on-hand, especially if you struggle to keep away from the biscuit tin or that convenient chocolate bar.
This recipe makes a great addition to a balanced vegan diet – thanks to the addition of our Gluten-Free Rolled Oats and All-Natural Peanut Butter. These ingredients provide an excellent source of fibre, complex carbs and plant-based protein – all of which support muscle recovery after workouts, and help you feel full and energised throughout the day.1,2
Plus, if you love chocolate just as much as us, these No-Bake Oat Bars are sure to hit the spot. Containing Organic Cacao Butter Buttons, Organic Cacao Powder and vegan chocolate chips, you can get your chocolate fix, along with an abundance of essential nutrients. Cacao is an excellent source of iron, magnesium and copper to support your metabolism.3 It also contains 29g of plant-based protein per 100g – making it easier for you to meet your daily requirements.
Make these No-Bake Oat Bars on a Sunday, and you’ll have a batch ready to see you through the week ahead!
No-Bake Oat Bar Recipe
- 220gcoconut oil
- 100g brown sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Flavdrops
- 270g 100% Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 100ml water
- 50g Organic Cacao Butter Buttons
- 170g chocolate chips
- 120g All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 2tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Overhang the edges of parchment paper so you can easily remove the bars from the baking dish.
- Melt the coconut oil and brown sugar in large saucepan over medium heat, until the coconut oil has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Mix in the Vanilla FlavDrops, rolled oats and water.
- To make the filling, melt the Organic Cacao Butter Buttons, All-Natural Peanut Butter, chocolate chips and Organic Cacao Powder together in a glass bowl over a pot with hot water. Stir until all ingredients are fully melted and smooth.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down. Reserve the other half for the second layer.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, reserving about 1/4 cup for drizzling and spread evenly.
- Pour the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently and drizzle with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
Note: Like any no-bake product, the final texture of these really depends on how long you boil the sugar mixture. If it doesn’t boil long enough, the cookie/bars mixture will be too soft, if you boil too long, they could turn out dry and crumbly.