No Christmas is complete without some warm mince pies – and this is our ultimate vegan mince pie recipe.
Mince pies are the go-to Christmas snack. There’s something comforting about that warm mix of fruits and spices encased in delicious melt-in-your-mouth pastry.
This simple vegan mince pie recipe is perfect for enjoying a plant-based Christmas, plus they are easy to make! With this home-made mincemeat recipe, you can guarantee your mince pies will be filled with a dairy-free and delicious filling.
Vegan Mince Pies
- 2 packets of vegan short crust pastry
- 1 large apple (around 200g), peeled and chopped
- 200g mixed dried fruit
- 1 scoop Vanilla Soy Protein Isolate
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 100g walnuts or pecans, roasted and roughly chopped
- Icing sugar for decorating
- Place the cubed apple, dries fruits, orange zest and juice and all spices and the sugar in a pan and simmer on a medium heat until liquid is reduced and dry fruits are well hydrated. Add 1 scoop of Vanilla Soy Protein Isolate.
- Let it cool completely.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 175C.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and roll it out gently. Cut out circles using a 9cm cookie cutter and line holes of a cupcake tin. Use an 8cm cookie cutter to cut out circles, then use a star cutter to cut out the middles.
- Put a heaped spoonful of mincemeat in the middle of each circle.
- Top half of them with the stars and the other half with the stamped-out circles. Use your fingers to seal the tops and bases, then brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and the tops are golden. Cool a little, then dust with a little icing sugar to serve