Embrace the festive season by creating your very own edible snowballs.
These vegan coconut snowballs are made using only 4 wholesome ingredients and create little, bite-size sweets that can be wrapped and given as a thoughtful, homemade gift. Decorated with a chocolate ganache, they’re a tasty festive treat, perfect for sharing.
These tasty bites are vegan, gluten-free and contain no artificial sweeteners. Plus, with no baking needed, they’re extremely easy, quick and fun to make. Happy rolling!
Healthy Vegan Coconut Snowballs Recipe
For the coconut balls:
- 80g coconut butter melted (NOT coconut oil)
- 150g shredded unsweetened coconut + more for rolling
- 80g Organic Maple Syrup or agave syrup
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100g Organic Cacao Liquor Buttons
- 20g coconut butter
- 10ml water
- To create the snowballs, put the melted coconut butter, maple syrup and the shredded unsweetened coconut into a small bowl and stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Once chilled, shape the mixture into 8 balls with your palms – it can help to have slightly wet hands.
- Roll the balls in the shredded unsweetened coconut and store them in the fridge.
- For the chocolate ganache, melt cacao buttons with coconut oil and water in a heatproof bowl over boiling water. Stir well until all the buttons are melted.
- Pour the ganache into a sauce bottle and wait for a few minutes to allow it to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the ganache over the snowballs and return to the fridge for the ganache to set.