Recipe by @bites.by.bean
Dig into this delicious, no waste brown betty, filled with sweetened apples and deliciously golden bread crumbs. This traditional American dessert, quite similar to a crumble, completely transforms stale or leftover bread into a satisfying treat, simple enough for every day but tasty enough for a celebration table.
Featuring our much-loved Soy Protein Isolate in salted caramel flavour and Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, this no waste recipe isn’t just low in sugar and a source of plant protein – it’s super quick and easy to make and can be multiplied to suit however many it’s for.
No Waste Brown Betty Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Blend up your slice of bread until you get bread crumbs. Stir in the protein powder and mix in the yogurt- you want it crumbly so don’t add too much.
- Slice up your apple and mix it with the tbsp water and 1-2 tbsp @myvegan maple syrup.
- Spread 1/2 the apple mixture on the base of a skillet or pan and sprinkle on 1/2 the crumb mixture.
- Top with the remaining apple and lastly the crumbs.
- Bake for 30mins until golden and crisp.
- Serve with dairy free custard or ice cream and enjoy