Single Serve Salted Caramel Banana Cake
Recipe by Maria AKA @mimismacros
This single-serve banana cake is super easy to make and tastes great. In three simple steps, you can create a protein-rich (using your Soy Protein Blend) scrumptious treat for yourself or friends to try at home. Enjoy this banana cake with a hot cuppa – relax and enjoy!
5 Important Benefits of Bananas
Aside from being a super tasty snack, bananas have many health benefits; they are a nutritional powerhouse as such! We have listed a few below – how many of these did you know?
- Bananas are rich in potassium, which is good for your heart health and blood pressure functions.1
- Bananas are rich in magnesium, which is great for your skin health.1,3
- Bananas are high in fibre – thus ensuring you are fuller for longer and also minimises constipation.1,2
- Bananas are high in vitamin B6 – this vitamin supporting red blood cell production, the metabolism of amino acids and maintenance of the nervous system.2,3
- Bananas are a respectable source of vitamin C – a medium-sized banana can provide up to 10% of your daily vitamin C needs! 2
Did you know? Bananas are in fact the UK’s favourite fruit and we eat approximately 10kg of bananas every year.1
A huge thank you to @mimismacros for this fantastic recipe! Keep scrolling to find the full ingredients list and method.
Single Serve Salted Caramel Banana Cake Recipe
- 15g Oat flour
- 1/2 Mashed banana (use the other half for topping)
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 20g Almond meal
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 30g Dairy-free yoghurt
- 20g Soy Protein Isolate (Salted Caramel)
- 40ml Plant-based milk
- 1 tsp Organic Maca Powder (Optional)
- FlavDrops™ (Toffee)
Caramel centre filling:
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Protein Isolate (Salted Caramel)
- 1 tbsp Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients for the cake and pour half the mixture into a small ovenproof dish.
- Layer with the caramel mixture and then the other half of the cake mix.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins – then sit back, relax and enjoy your delicious treat. Yum!
Storage – Make sure you store your treats in some tupperware for ultimate freshness.