If you’re looking for a tasty but healthy recipe for a quick snack, then this is the perfect recipe for you – whether that’s sat at home, at work or on-the-go!
This zero-waste recipe is super-simple and makes 10 bars which are handy to take with you anywhere as a high-fibre snack with a good 6g serving of protein. These delicious bars are salted caramel and banoffee flavour meaning they really are a sweet treat, whilst being refined sugar-free, flourless and containing only 131 calories.
These zero-waste bars are also a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you may have, whether that’s the remainder of your branflakes or your last banana – as only 5 ingredients are needed for the recipe!
Salted Caramel Banoffee Bars Recipe
Serves 10 | 131kcal | 24g carbs | 1g fat | 6g protein | 5g fibre
- 100ml date water
- 150g dates
- 1 large banana
- 60g Salted Caramel Soy Protein
- 100g Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 60g branflakes
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 5mins
- Blend together the banana, protein, dates and 100ml date water to a smooth paste
- Stir in the rolled oats and branflakes
- Pour the mixture into a tray and bake for 35mins
- Slice into bars and enjoy as a healthy high fibre snack!