With none of the sugar, butter, or eggs that usually come in traditional blondie and brownie recipes, these deliciously indulgent chickpea blondies are an amazing plant-based alternative to add to your baking repertoire.
They’re great to impress friends and family (especially the non-vegans amongst them) — or, if you find they’re just too good to share, which is quite likely, then these chickpea blondies will keep for a few days in an airtight container and are perfect for lunchboxes.
We like to keep things as natural and simple as possible, and this recipe is no exception to that. That’s why we’re confident that even a rookie cook could nail these tasty treats — there’s minimal fuss or technique required to get them perfect, you basically just stick everything in a food processor and then let the oven do its thing.
The tin of chickpeas may seem like a slightly odd ingredient for a sweet bake, but trust us, it works. Oh, and they provide a helpful boost of plant-based protein too.
So, what’re you waiting for? Give these chickpea blondies a go now.
1 tbsp. Vegan Protein Blend (Banana)
1 tin of chickpeas
½ tsp. baking soda
200g almond butter
200ml sugar-free syrup
Handful of vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Line a baking dish with grease-proof paper or oil and set aside.
3. Using a food processor, blend up all of the ingredients except for the vegan chocolate chips until the mixture is nice and smooth.
4. Spoon out the mixture into your prepared baking dish and smooth it out so that it’s level using the back of a spoon.
5. Cover the top with vegan chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden around the edges. Leave to cool for a few minutes after removing from the oven, then cut your chickpea blondies into squares and enjoy!