Chocolate Orange and Blueberry & Cinnamon Nice-cream Sundaes
If you fancy an indulgent yet nutritious dessert to satisfy your sweet craving – look no further. Using your Vegan Protein Blend, create any of these delicious desserts – high in protein and simple to make, these recipes are the perfect way to wow friends or family at mealtimes. Keep scrolling for the full ingredients list, video and written method! Enjoy!
What is nice-cream?
Nice-cream is a vegan-friendly fruit-based creamy dessert – made with bananas and healthier than ice-cream. Unlike ice-cream, which is made with an ice-cream maker, nice-cream is created using a blender to mash the bananas. No need for churning!
Why use bananas?
Bananas are the perfect fruit to add any nice-cream recipe as they create an indulgent and creamy texture in minutes. Furthermore, bananas are highly nutritious as they are rich in vitamin C, potassium and magnesium.1,2 Not to mention, bananas are a healthy source of fibre, minimising the risk of discomfort from constipation.1,3
Tips, Tricks & Storage
Tips & Tricks – Although our Chocolate Orange and Blueberry & Cinnamon blends are two much-loved flavours – why not mix and match using our other flavours? Carrot cake… coffee & walnut…strawberry… A tasty experiment!
Storage – Keep your nice-cream sundae’s in the freezer for ultimate freshness.
1. Chocolate Orange Nice-Cream Sundae Recipe
Add the vegan protein powder, milk and frozen bananas to a food processor.
Blend until smooth.
Serve immediately for a whipped style ice cream or place in a container and freeze to set firm for later.
Serve with sugar-free syrup and a sprinkle of cacao nibs and orange zest.
2. Blueberry & Cinnamon Nice-Cream Sundae Recipe
- 2 scoops of Vegan Protein Blend (Blueberry and Cinnamon)
- 300ml of plant-based milk
- 3 large frozen bananas (these should be peeled, chopped and placed on a lined tray when frozen)
- Sugar-free Maple Syrup
- Handful of blueberries
- A handful of crush pecans
- 2 crushed digestive biscuits (vegan)
- Add the vegan protein powder, milk and frozen bananas to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately for a whipped style ice cream or place in a container and freeze to set firm for later.
- Serve with syrup, blueberries, pecans and crushed biscuits.