Take your December breakfasts to a whole new level with this scrumptious mighty mince pie porridge!
Bringing you all the festive flavours of a mince pie (minus the hefty sugar and fat content), this healthy breakfast option is bursting with all the festive spices and slow-release carbohydrates to keep you fuller for longer and support the recovery process after exercise. What’s more, oats are a great source of plant protein to support the growth and maintenance of muscle mass too!
Super-simple and easy to make, this just-sweet-enough, creamy and crunchy bowl of oats is exactly what your busy week needs. Check out the full recipe below!
Mince Pie Porridge Recipe
- 150g Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 350ml plant-based milk
- 3 tsp mincemeat
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Chopped nuts
- Make your porridge according to instructions on packet.
- Combine the oats and plant-based milk in a saucepan on a medium heat and warm until the porridge starts the thicken and bubble a little (about 5 mins). Remove from the heat when the porridge is at the consistency you prefer.
- Warm the mincemeat in a saucepan for a few minutes. Once warm, stir most of the mincemeat into the porridge (keeping a little for garnishing).
- Add the spices and orange juice into the porridge.
- Serve with a dollop of mincemeat on the top and garnished with the nuts.