By Anna Gallagher (@annagallagher_x)
These peanut butter cups are rich and chocolatey but completely dairy-free! That’s right – you can sit with a tea or coffee and nibble on these chocolate treats knowing they are 100% vegan.
What’s more, these peanut butter cups are gluten-free so are the perfect snack if you have gluten-sensitivity or coeliac disease. These peanut butter cups don’t take long to eat and don’t require any baking – just leave them in the freezer to set and they’re ready to enjoy!
Watch out for the hot weather though, because these little bites melt easily! Prepare for some chocolatey fingers!
Vegan & Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Preparation time: 30 mins
Set time: 15 mins
- 170g Organic Cacao Butter Buttons
- 170g Cocoa powder
- 85g Maple Syrup (or Agave Syrup)
- All-Natural Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Melt the Cacao Butter Buttons in a Bain Marie (heat-proof glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water).
- Once the buttons have melted, remove from the heat.
- Add the cocoa powder to the melted buttons and whisk until completely mixed together and the chocolate has cooled down a little.
- Spoon some of the mixture into your moulds (cupcake cases), saving some to the side for later.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Add a spoonful of peanut butter to the top of each cup, then cover with the leftover melted chocolate.
- Freeze until set then keep in the fridge for when you’re ready to eat them!