Recipe by Giuseppe Federici (@giuseppefederici1)
Even dairy lovers can’t resist this rich and creamy matcha ice cream. It’s sweet, satisfying and super easy to make at home! Not only that, but this vegan ice cream recipe boasts over 40g of plant-based protein thanks to our best-selling Soy Protein Isolate, while the matcha provides antioxidants, boosts metabolism and energy, and is a natural mood enhancer. So basically what we’re saying is, go ahead and eat this vegan matcha ice cream for breakfast!
First things first, what is matcha?
Matcha is a powder made of finely ground tea leaves and is from China where the practice of using powdered tea has been around for thousands of years. During the process of drying and grinding it, the leaves produce more caffeine, which is partly why people drink it as it is an alternative to coffee. Known for its bright green colour, it is also used to dye foods as a natural colouring in cooking and baking.
What are the health benefits of matcha?
Unlike other green teas grown from the same plant, matcha has a unique set of nutritional values due to its specific methods of growing and production.
- Matcha is high in antioxidants which minimise free-radical cell damage within the body
- It’s believed to boost cognitive function because of its L-theanine content which reduces caffeine crashing
- It may promote heart health and reduce liver damage
- It’s even believed to help aid weight loss by boosting metabolism and fat burning
Matcha Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
- Blend together the bananas, matcha, and Soy Protein powder together to create your creamy vegan ice cream.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Use the Gooey Filled Cookie to dip into the vegan ice cream. Alternatively, you can heat up the cookie for a 5-8 seconds in the microwave for a warm, gooey topping to your ice cream.