Nothing screams Halloween more than some scary eyes and fake blood! And these spooky snacks are sure to hit the spot.
The seasons are turning, the nights are getting darker and Halloween is on the horizon. It’s the time of year where we can get extra creative with our baking and this recipe is perfect for just that.
Poptarts are popular rectangular pastries that are typically filled with a sweet fruity filling. These cherry poptarts are shaped and decorated to look just like some mummified monster that’s come to life! They’re sure to impress family and friends as soon as they see them and even more when they taste them!
Made deliciously sweet from the cherries, the fruit also gives them their incredible sticky red glaze that makes the perfect fake “blood”. The poptarts are also made with Vegan Protein Blend to give these treats a boost of plant-based protein.
The Organic Cacao Powder doesn’t just add a natural chocolatey taste to these vegan poptarts, but it’s also a great source of essential minerals including potassium, magnesium, iron, copper and manganese.
Discover the full Chocolate Cherry Poptart Mummies recipe below and get ready to bake…if you dare…
Chocolate Cherry Poptart Mummies Recipe
Serving Size: 4 large mummies
- 52g carbs
- 2g fat
- 13g protein
- 5g FlavDrops (Chocolate)
- 160g dairy free yoghurt
- 14g Organic Cacao Powder
- 30g Vegan Protein Blend (Chocolate)
- 160g plain flour
- 75g cherry syrup
- 1 tin (400g) red cherry fruit filling
- Sugar eyes
- Combine the Vegan Protein Powder, Organic Cacao Powder, flour, yoghurt, chocolate drops and cherry syrup.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients and form a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough.
- Cut into 4 rectangles and place the cherry filling inside.
- Use the leftover bits of dough to create the mummies ‘bandages’ and cover the filling.
- Bake in the oven for 25mins or until crisp and golden. Decorate and enjoy!