Warm things up over the holidays with this hot mulled apple juice that all the family can enjoy.
Hot mulled apple juice is a tasty, non-alcoholic adaptation of mulled wine that everyone can enjoy, including children or drivers.
A comforting mulled drink is the perfect way to get warmed up during winter and get in the festive mood. Filled with aromatic spices such as cinnamon and cloves, as well as the lighter, zesty flavours of clementine and ginger, this recipe is packing some real flavour.
Not only is this recipe non-alcoholic, but it has another healthy twist. What makes our hot mulled apple juice recipe so special, is we’ve incorporated our innovative Clear Vegan Protein (Apple & Elderflower). This adds to the flavour whilst also providing a boost of plant-based protein and B vitamins.
It’s extremely easy to make and you can prepare large batches to serve up with family members or enjoy in the evenings by the fire or TV.
Mulled apple juice is best served hot but could be enjoyed as a cooler spiced hot apple juice too.
Spiced Hot Apple Juice Recipe
- 1 scoop Clear Vegan Protein (Apple & Elderflower)
- 500ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- small strip fresh ginger
- 1 clementine, zest finely peeled with a vegetable peeler
- Bring all the ingredients but the clear whey to a boil and simmer for 10 min.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and add the clear protein.
- Strain and serve hot in glass mugs with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.