Recipe by Laura Holloway (@_healthyhappylaura)
This Vegan Carrot Cake and Banana loaf is perfect for a healthy snack with your tea or coffee throughout the week, or warmed up and served with dairy-free yoghurt as a dessert. Alternatively, you could bake it for a friend or family member – homemade treats are always impressive, especially when they are guilt-free and tasty!
The recipe below is quick, easy, and, best of all, nutritious! It also doesn’t use a host of complicated vegan butter or egg alternatives that can be expensive and hard to find. Bananas not only provide a healthy source of micronutrients, such as vitamin C and potassium, but they make a fantastic vegan substitute for eggs in baking. There’s no need for any added sugar or sweetener in this recipe too because the Vanilla Soy Protein Isolate adds all the sweetness needed!
The Vanilla Soy Protein Isolate gives this banana and carrot cake loaf a boost of plant-based protein which, along with the oats and fruit, will keep you feeling full and satisfied.
It’s too easy and tempting to not give it a go…
Vegan Carrot and Banana Baked Proats Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 60g Oats
- 20g Myvegan Vanilla Soy Protein Isolate
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 150ml Almond Milk
- 1 Small Grated Carrot
- 30g Sultanas
- Half a Mashed Banana (other half sliced for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then add the grated carrot and the mashed banana half.
- Add the almond milk slowly and mix well.
- Pour into an ovenproof baking dish and add the remaining sliced banana half on to the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or allow to cool.