For a healthier Easter treat, whip up a batch of these impressive (yet easy) vegan Bounty Bunnies, worthy of adults and children alike.
Recipe by Maria Devine (@mimismacros)
If you love coconut like us, you’ll totally love this vegan take on the classic bounty bar. Soft and creamy in the centre, and smothered in a rich, chocolatey coating – it’s hard to believe these Bounty Bunnies deliver nutritional benefits too. With 5g of protein and only 92 calories each, they’re the perfect solution if you want to indulge this Easter, without overdoing it with crazy amounts of refined sugar or calories.
As well as adding a boost of plant-based protein, our Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend creates an irresistibly indulgent flavour, along with our Organic Cacao Powder and Chocolate FlavDrops. These tasty ingredients are low-sugar, completely dairy free, and will show you that vegans don’t have to compromise on taste when it comes to chocolate (contrary to popular opinion!).
Not just for Easter, this recipe is one you’ll return to time and time again – simply adapt the shapes based on the occasion for a quick and easy treat!
Bounty Bunnies Recipe
97kcal | 5 fat | 9 carbs | 5g protein
- 30g Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- 50g coconut flour
- 20g Organic Cacao Powder
- 30g icing sugar / erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp dairy-free chocolate, melted and cooled
- 180g thick vegan yogurt
- 7g Chocolate FlavDrops
- 50g dairy-free chocolate
- 20g desiccated coconut
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, until a dough is formed.
- Flour the surface and roll out the dough.
- Cut into desired shapes and bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes at 180C.
- When ready, leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, break the dairy-free chocolate into pieces and place into a heatproof bowl. Sit over a pan of barely simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Decorate the bunnies with the melted chocolate and desiccated coconut. Enjoy!