Salted Caramel Pretzel Smores Bars
Recipe by Maria AKA @mimismacros
In 5 quick steps you can make the perfect protein-dense snack bar; jam-packed with nutrients that support a well-balanced diet. Perfect for on-the-go snacking or accompanied with a brew – get ready to create your new snack-time staple.
When following a plant-based diet, ensuring you are hitting your daily protein goals can be a tricky task – this is when a protein rich snack becomes your new best friend. Incorporating a protein rich snack is an efficient and convenient way of ensuring targets are met. They also taste really good when done right – this recipe being an ideal example for you to try at home.
We also provide a significant range of vegan snack bars from baked cookies, carb crushers to pea-nut squares – all rich in protein and super tasty. Take a look at our range by clicking here.
Why are dates good for you?
Dates are the unsung superfood hero that is a necessity for your kitchen cupboards. Not only do they taste deliciously sweet where you feel like you’re having a treat, but they also provide endless health benefits. A few of the top nutritive components derived from dates are listed below:
- Protein-Rich – when following a plant-based diet, it can be a challenge to ensure you are incorporating enough protein into your daily goals. Dates are the perfect way to ensure these are achieved as they are high in protein.1
- High in Natural Sugar – dates are a reservoir full of natural sugars from fructose to glucose; providing great forms of energy throughout the day.
- Vitamin & Minerals – dates hold over 15 different forms of vitamins and minerals; magnesium, iron, potassium and sodium to name a few.1 The listed vitamins and minerals support the body function in a variety of ways from reducing fatigue2, supporting heart health3 and lowering blood pressure.3
- Rich in Antioxidants – dates contain a wide variety of antioxidants, essential to improve the immune system whilst simultaneously reducing the risk of many diseases and free radical cells.4,5
Tips, Tricks & Storage
- Melting Chocolate – place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for no more than 30 seconds at a time. Stir well after each microwave session!
- Storage – keep smores in airtight tupperweare to prolong freshness.
Keep scrolling to find the full ingredients list and method.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Smores Bars Recipe
Serving Size: 10 bars
- 20g carbs
- 11g fat
- 7g protein
- 130g dates (pitted and soaked)
- 80g Peanut Butter
- 90g almond meal
- 50g pretzels (extra for topping)
- 30g Soy Protein Isolate (Salted Caramel)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 60g dark chocolate
- A handful of vegan marshmallows
- Drain the date water and set aside (you may need to add some for the dough to come together).
- Blend all the ingredients and press the mixture into a lined baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate and the marshmallows and spread on top.
- Top with additional pretzels.
- Place in the fridge for 25mins and then slice into bars!