We are proud to share the work we are doing to support our community – from carrying out charity work, providing educational information and delicious recipes on our platforms, and partnering with incredible organisations such as repurpose Global. It is crucial that we are taking these steps and this is just the beginning.
Why is it important to give back to the community?
It is essential to do your bit when you can and give back to the community – ensuring ALL parties are working together, feeling fulfilled and creating a positive atmosphere.
5 Ways You Can Give Back to The Community
- Volunteer when you can – volunteering allows you to connect with your community and make it a better place. If you don’t have time, donate instead, every little bit of support can help.
- Stop, don’t drop! – dropping litter when you are finished with it can be tempting however it’s unnecessary and is damaging for wildlife plus it can end up in waterways that eventually lead to the ocean causing more waste pollution. Carry a plastic bag with you for rubbish or wait that little bit longer until you find a bin; try to do your bit.
- Pledge to go plastic or carbon neutral – there are some amazing online tools to help you calculate your environmental footprint such as this plastic footprint calculator by repurpose Global. You can then adjust your lifestyle and help to fund community projects to offset your environmental impact.
- A smile goes a long way – try to crack a smile when you see someone walking down the street, in a shop or at work, you never know who needs it the most.
- Act of kindness – practicing random acts of kindness does not only help your community but releases an overall positive vibe. We feel better in ourselves which encourages others to do so too. A thriving domino effect!
- Become an awareness hero – the phrase “sharing is caring” can really make a difference to someone else. Sharing educational and inspiring posts on social media is a great way to do this. Or, if you feel comfortable, share experiences with family and friends. You never know who you can help!
Our objective and what we are doing to achieve this?
We are working closely with rePurpose Global, as their work supports communities and individuals which are most impacted by plastic pollution and climate change. For every product we sell, we are helping to fund towards vetted programmes that will collect and recycle as much plastic waste from the environment (oceans and landfill) as we use in our packaging and operations.
Additionally, we have just partnered with Big Blue Ocean Cleanup, a charity focusing on reducing ocean pollution. We have joined them on a beach clean-up, see how we got on by reading our article. Furthermore, we are also working to partner with additional companies and charities that are striving to make a positive change – watch this space.
To summarise, we are taking important steps towards supporting communities worldwide, from partnering with charities to volunteering here in the UK. We have loads of exciting plans in the pipeline so stay tuned for more updates.
If you liked this article, check these out next: